Taylor Swift asks fans not to ‘defend’ her against exes ahead of the ‘Speak Now’ re-recording

Swift reminded fans that the “Taylor’s Version” albums were about owning her own art, not rehashing relationships from “14 million years ago.”

Taylor Swift performs in Las Vegas on March 24.Casey Flanigan / imageSPACE/Sipa USA via AP file

Taylor Swift urged fans to exercise kindness on the internet to the men they speculate her songs are written about ahead of the release of “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)” next month

So what I’m saying is I’m putting this album out because I want to own my music. … I’m not putting this album out so you can go on the internet and defend me against someone you think I wrote a song about 14 million years ago,” Swift said, according to multiple videos posted online.

Swift also said she does not care “about anything that happened when I was 19 except the songs I wrote and the memories we made together.”

She then played her song “Dear John,” which fans have long speculated was written about a romance with singer John Mayer.

“Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)” is the third album Swift has re-recorded since her former record label sold her master recordings to Scooter Braun in 2019; they were sold again to the investment firm Shamrock Capital.

When “Red (Taylor’s Version)” was released in 2021, fans directed jokes and memes at Jake Gyllenhaal, who they believe was the inspiration behind her song “All Too Well.” Swift has never confirmed whom she writes about in her songs, some of which she said are slightly autobiographical, while others are fictional.

Gyllenhaal told Esquire in an interview that he thought the song’s re-release, which included a 10-minute-long version, was more about Swift’s relationships with her fans than with him.

“It is her expression,” he told the magazine last year. “Artists tap into personal experiences for inspiration, and I don’t begrudge anyone that.”

Many have joked about the onslaught of attention that is likely to shift from Gyllenhaal to John Mayer when “Dear John (Taylor’s Version)” is released.

Meghan Markle Shares Adorable cute 1 Year and 2 years Photos of her daughter Lilibet which got everyone talking

Attention!!! On behalf of the Swift’s and Kelce’s family We are glad to announce our children wedding date……Travis Kelce wed Taylor Swift…June 1st 2024❤️ fans celebrate with us❤️

All for me Baby, Travis Kelce in Shock as Taylor Swift throw a Surprise party for him today on their vaaction trip to lake Como Vacation.See Photos.

Taylor Swift Shared never before seen PHOTOS of her date with Travis Kelce as they explored Italy’s most EXCLUSIVE Celebrity Hotspot together and Shared a KISS on the Romantic Boat Ride in Lake Como During her Eras Tour break- See All 10 Photos Taylor took on her personal digital camera of their romantic getaway

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce recently whisked themselves away to the enchanting shores of Lake Como, Italy..$21,000-a-night villa experience ” They waste a lot of money on material things ” Accused of not helping the needy – Angry fan

Logo Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Share a Kiss on Romantic Boat Ride in Lake Como During Eras Tour Break — See Photos!

NEWS2 hours ago

Breaking News:On behalf of the Swift’s and Kelce’s family We are glad to announce our children wedding date……Travis Kelce wed Taylor Swift…June 1st 2024❤️ fans celebrate with us❤️

NFLTravis Kelce and Swifties reacts and DEFENDS Taylor Swift after Chiefs Kicker Harrison Butler made a Controversial Statement on ‘Travis Kelce’s girlfriend’ and Women in general… NFL will be making an announcement on his Future as it distances from the Chiefs Kicker

NFLShe is a BAD Artist and not IMPORTANT at all.. And what’s with the guy with her now…’ American Singer Courtney Love DISSED Taylor Swift in a Bombshell Interview

Kansas City Chiefs star Patrick Mahomes is 29 Today, Nobody has wish me I’m still waiting for my fans to wish me drop a red flag if you truly love me.

Kelly Stafford, the wife of Los Angeles Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford, offered her response to Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker’s commencement speech on Thursday. Stafford took issue with Butker’s words toward women at Benedictine College in Atchison, Kansas, who were about to graduate, as well as his remarks on IVF and “dangerous gender ideologies.” She spoke out about it on the Instagram Stories of her podcast, “The Morning After.”