Prince William Gives Surprise Video Address at Steve Irwin Gala Amid Prince Harry’s Tour in Nigeria

On Saturday, May 11, the late star’s wife Terri Irwin, daughter Bindi Irwin and son Robert Irwin gathered in Las Vegas for Wildlife Warriors’ Steve Irwin Gala, and the Prince of Wales, 41, filmed a special video message for the occasion.

In the video — which happened thanks to a text message from Robert — William welcomed guests to the gala, “which celebrates the life and legacy of the brilliant Steve Irwin.”

Tonight is all about conservation and continuing Steve’s global mission to protect life on our planet,” William said. “His dream was to have the cleanest water, the freshest air and wildlife in abundance. But most of all, he wanted a future for our children.”

Bindi Irwin’s Daughter Grace Mistakes Her Brother Robert for Their Dad Steve, Calls Him ‘Grandpa Crocodile’
He continued, “Advocating for the preservation of life on our planet, it is a passion that I share, and it is why I launched the Earthshot Prize to search for and scale innovative solutions to the world’s greatest environmental challenges. Our mission is to protect and restore our planet in this critical decade leading up to 2030.”

William also said that he is “hugely grateful” for “the Irwin family’s support” of Earthshot, which he first launched in 2020. Robert, in particular, is an