Pregnant Mom Jumps from Two-Story Window to Flee Fire at 36 Weeks: Her Family’s Incredible Story of Survival (Exclusive)

One year after Rachel and Travis Standfest narrowly escaped a house fire, the couple is relishing life with their daughter and awaiting baby No. 2

Last May, the couple was staying in Rachel’s parents’ pole barn in Grand Rapids, Michigan, while building their first house about 20 miles away in Rockford. Rachel, 26, and Travis, 25, had four weeks to finish their new home before welcoming their baby girl Brynlee when the unexpected happened.

PEOPLE

PARENTS

By Georgia Slater Published on May 23, 2024 09:30AM EDT
Rachel and Travis Standfest and daughter Brynlee
Rachel and Travis Standfest and daughter Brynlee. PHOTO: COURTESY OF RACHEL STANDFEST
Rachel and Travis Standfest were just weeks away from welcoming their first baby when they almost lost everything.

Rachel, who was 36 weeks pregnant at the time, tells PEOPLE that she was at her parents’ home across the driveway working with her mom on her baby shower when she called it a night and went to put her pet goat away near the pole barn.

“I went upstairs and Travis was sleeping, which is not uncommon. I was just watching TV with our dog and I thought that I had heard something earlier, but I didn’t go check. I don’t know if I heard something or if I smelled something,” says Rachel.

“Something made me get up and go check the stairs, and all I could see was smoke. And so I grabbed [our dog] Otis and I ran back and I shook Travis up and I called my mom. The last thing I remember is Travis punching out the screen window, and I could see my mom in the driveway yelling, ‘Get out now.’ And that’s the last thing I remember for probably two weeks.”

CELEBRITY6 days ago

Iga Swiatek and Ons Jabeur crash out of Wimbledon on huge day of upsets Photo of admin admin Send an email1 day ago0 2 minutes read

CELEBRITY1 week ago

Brittany and Patrick Mahomes Celebrate the Fourth of July in London

CELEBRITY1 week ago

Schocking news Cheating Scandal alert: Travis Kelce caught with Mysterious Blonde who many suspects to be Oliver Dunne while Taylor Swift is awayPublished 32 seconds ago on July 4, 2024By Bob kate

CELEBRITY1 week ago

Breaking news Fans gushed as NFL superstar Travis Kelce captured the attention and hearts of fans worldwide by proposing to none other than pop icon Taylor Swift.

CELEBRITY1 week ago

Schocking news ❤️ Taylor Swift plans to attend as many of Travis Kelce’s games as possible next season, reciprocating the NFL star’s support during her Eras Tour offseason.-Published 8 mins ago on July 4, 2024By Bob kate

CELEBRITY1 week ago

Simona Halep și fostul ei soț Toni Iuruc anunță sarcina de șase săptămâni cu gemeni.

CELEBRITY1 week ago

Świątek: “Po zmianie nawierzchni kilka meczów nie jest komfortowych, trzeba to zaakceptować”Published 8 seconds ago on July 3, 2024By Anita kelce

CELEBRITY1 week ago

Hot news Iga Świątek nagle zapytana o Roberta Lewandowskiego. Potwierdziła 30 sekund ByHo

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

She likes that Travis is so proud of her and that he isn’t afraid to show his love for her publicly,” the source says of Kelce, who recently traveled to see Swift’s concerts.

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

Fans of both Swift and Kelce have flooded social media with congratulatory messages and well-wishes, celebrating the union of two beloved public figures. The engagement has quickly become a trending topic, with many expressing their excitement and happiness for the couple.

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

And it seems as though that candle of scandal continues to burn even today, some five years since The Sun published the aforesaid information. Last week there were multiple articles written about Rose – in the midst of the media throng to find out where Kate Middleton was – with some news outlets even being accused of ‘soft-launching’ the Marchioness in preparation for a time wherein her alleged affair with William became official news.

CELEBRITY2 weeks ago

CELEBRITIESIga Świątek Triumfuje w Stylu, Zdobywając Kolejny Tytuł Wielkiego SzlemaPublished 1 min ago on July 2, 2024By Michael joy W świecie sportu istnieją chwile, które przechodzą do historii jako kamienie milowe, definiujące karierę i dziedzictwo sportowca. Jedną z takich chwil był finałowy mecz [Nazwa Turnieju], gdzie Iga Świątek, młoda tenisistka z Polski, osiągnęła wyjątkowy sukces. W niezapomnianym występie na kortach, zdobyła kolejny tytuł Wielkiego Szlema, wzbudzając zachwyt nie tylko swoją grą, ale także determinacją i wdziękiem. Artykuł ten przygląda się głębiej jej drodze do triumfu, znaczeniu tego zwycięstwa oraz wpływowi, jaki wywarła na świat tenisa. ### Wzlot Igi Świątek Iga Świątek urodziła się 31 maja 2001 roku w Warszawie, w rodzinie o sportowych korzeniach. Jej ojciec, Tomasz Świątek, był olimpijczykiem w wioślarstwie, co wpłynęło na wczesne zainteresowanie córki sportem. Już w młodym wieku Iga wykazywała się niezwykłym talentem tenisowym i poświęceniem, co stanowiło solidną podstawę dla jej późniejszych osiągnięć.